Accountancy can be a tricky subject to prepare, giving attention only is class does not work if the students want to secure good marks. Apart from school classes and tuition, self-study works wonders exam preparation.
Some students find easy to maintain the self-study schedule, it is equally difficult for few to manage the schedule.
Here are a few tips that can be easily implemented for an effective self-study.
1. Find the time to study
It is important to devote a major portion of the day to study. Instead of abruptly starting to study for 9-10 hours and stressing yourself, try to follow the below given steps to have an ease and focused study routine, which will eventually help you to roll up the study hours later.
- In the initial week, start to cut down the time consumed by another task by 2-3 hours.
- In the second week, analyze if it’s possible to reduce the time further.
- Try to repeat and increase the study timing every week, at least up to 6 to 7 hours and later up to 9- 10 hours every day.
2. Time Management
Once the study time has been set, the next aspect of self-studying would be ‘How to manage the time effectively”. An ideal self-study strategy would be studying without any disturbance continuously for 3 hours. Make sure to create an atmosphere exactly like an examination hall.
Few important points to keep in mind are.
- Avoid studying in bed, which creates a temptation of taking a short snooze. It is always recommended to study in a chair or desk.
- Avoiding listing to music while studying. Listing to the music track can affect the effectiveness of remembering the information.
- Keep your phone away from you for 3 hours. Allocate a specific time in the day to make phone calls or responding to messages.
3. Practice, practice & Practice
Practice a lot during this time. Apart from CBSE NCERT books, practice accountancy sample paper class 12 and accountancy sample paper class 11 to understand the concepts better.
Apart from following all the above steps, accountancy sample paper class 11, solve old question papers, take mock-tests, and quizzes too. For more information in CBSE Class, 11 commerce subjects stay tuned to BYJU’S.