There are many types of manufacturing processes, but the most revolutionary and advanced process is of 3d printing. Unlike processes in which there is a chance of mistakes, errors, and waste of raw materials, in this type of printing there are no such drawbacks.
This type of manufacturing process falls in the category of additive manufacturing technique, in which the raw materials are added one layer over another to create a three-dimensional end product, in this 3-dimensional printing machines are used and the structuring is taken from a computer file. Today many industries are utilizing this technique of manufacturing in producing various objects.
Some of the major benefits of using this additive manufacturing technique are:
- Cost-efficient: Those units and businesses, who want to produce objects in smaller batches can use this additive manufacturing, as it uses lesser equipment and labor. In injection molding and subtractive prototyping, there is a requirement of heavy and expensive machinery which increases the cost. but in additive manufacturing only limited machinery and limited raw material ais used with minimal wastage.
- Speed: In this type of manufacturing procedure, the entire process gets completed in the littlest of time. it starts with designing, then it is manufactured and in the last, it is tested. One of the major things that can be done is modifying a certain prototype without destroying the basic structure. The period of the entire production cycle has reduced to 7 to 10 days as compared to 3 to 4 weeks in another prototyping process. this time efficiency is highly valuable for both small and big businesses as the orders can be completed in time and also it can save many expenses.
- Flexible and versatile: One of the major benefits of 3d printing in production is that the entire process is simple and yet highly versatile. Once the design in the fed into the printing machine and the exact settings are set, the printing starts and gives the exact prototype designed. In this type of manufacturing various objects and materials can be added to the result, also various materials can be used. Another very crucial benefit is that the most intricate and difficult structures can be achieved using this production style.
- Consistency and reduced risk: The machine used in additive manufacturing is helpful a good quality throughout the production. This is because the parts are printed and then assembled in a step by step process, which allows the mistakes to be caught in time. also, there is a maintained consistency in production because each part is produced successively thus allowing time to catch the defect. All this reduces the overall risk in production and loss of resources.
- Testing: Another very important benefit of additive printing is that there is an option for testing the prototype. In another form of manufacturing the prototypes or design is created in 2 dimensions only, but in this, it can be created in 3d form. This allows the project management team to test the viability and usefulness of the prototype before large scale production. Overall this will give the business a certain edge over the other competitors in the market. as now the team can demonstrate their product to the clients and investors beforehand.