In this article of presentations, we narrate step by step all the keys to get a good presentation that captivates our audience.
The first thing we have to do before starting to work on our presentation, is to define the objective of it, what we intend to achieve with our presentation. For example, talk about a historical event, a historical character, publicize a new product or service, or present a new company, etc.
The second step is to find out and research who our audience is going to be. It is very important to know the audience we are going to address, this will give us valuable information to select the vocabulary that we should use in our presentation. We will not use the same language if we address our classmates, or in case of professional presentations, if the people we are going to address are very technical or not.
These first two steps will allow us to prepare a presentation according to the expectations of our audience.
Point three we will define the script with all the points we are going to discuss.
Once these steps are completed, we are ready to start with the content and design of the presentation. To do this and if we aren’t experts designers, we have online tools where we can find a large variety of themes for presentations like slidespower.com a website with templates designed for Google Slides.
As it cannot be otherwise, we start with the title. The title of our presentation should synthesize and reflect the content of it. “Rules to make a good presentation”
To prepare the presentation, we will consider the following:
- The good design of a presentation favors the understanding of the message.
- Choose a good presentation theme that is consistent with the message you want to convey, this will the audience to situate themselves in the context.
- Use good images, and or, presentation backgrounds that are representative. A good image helps the understanding of the concept we want to convey.
- It is important that the messages you transmit in your presentations are brief and concise. The presentation itself is only the point of support, so we should not load the slides too much, so that people do not engage in reading, the purpose of the presentation is that the audience listen to us.
- Finally, close your presentation with the conclusions. Summarize on a slide the most important points of the presentation, those that you want the audience to remember.
The last and very important rule, PRACTICE before the day of the presentation, do not leave anything to improvisation.