Summer is all about camping, beaches, and bathing suits. But, slowly it moves to the couch, TV, and after a point extreme boredom. Kids don’t take boredom so well. It affects them both physically and mentally. A lot of kids might enjoy just sitting at home and watching mindless things and stick to their video games and X-box. But, parents know better than that. Kids grow better when they are active, excess idleness makes them sloppy and dull.
An Idle Mind is a Devil’s Workshop!
We’ve all heard that too many times, and we all know that it is true. Kids face long hours of idleness during the summers because they are on a break from school. But, giving them a complete break from learning activities can cause adverse impact on your child’s growth and future. To eliminate this idleness, programs like summer tutoring camps were started. They give your child an option to enhance their learning skills, and improve their grades.
Advantages of a Summer Tutoring Camp:
These camps are filled with opportunities and possibilities. There are many advantages to these camps, few being:
- It keeps your child sharp and active – There is no time for laziness in a kid’s life. One of the advantages of young age is the activeness that comes with it. Prolonged summers often take that away from a kid. It kills their interest and makes them couch potatoes. At these turbulent times, tutoring camps come to the rescue and gets your child right back on his feet.
- Cultivates interest in learning – The idea of school does not appeal to a lot of kids. But, if learning is mixed with fun, it becomes irresistible. These camps specialize in creating fun learning methods which directs a child’s interest towards learning.
- Enhances their skills – Schools often run short on time when it comes to paying attention to enhancing certain skills like handwriting, reading, etc. The focus in most schools is mainly to keep the grades up. These camps can be used as an extra resource to develop the miscellaneous skills of your child, which might otherwise be ignored.
- Shorter periods, greater learning – These programs usually have flexible timings and are conducted for only a few hours in the day. So, your kid gets enough time to learn, interact and have the video game fun he/she wants.
- Interactive fun – A lot of learning methods in these camps require involvement of fellow students; this encourages interactive learning among students, and helps them make great friends.
While a lot of parents prefer sending their children out to tutoring camps, there are few parents who prefer to get in-home summer tutoring for their kids. Opting for in-home tutoring service is a great way to get your kid to understand his/her subjects better. The tutor is able to give undivided attention to the student, which helps the student to concentrate better and yield more out of a lesson.
All said and done, tutoring camp or in-house tutoring, summers are perfect to provide this additional opportunity for your kids, and they always prove to be fruitful.
About Author – Shirley is a part-time tutor and a content writer. She specializes in writing about children and their education, she has written a number of articles on various edu blogs.